1. Learning About Your Target Audience. Your target audience is a big part of your success when you market your small business. Social media gives you the opportunity to research people who may be interested in your product or service by analyzing where they hang out online and what they react too.
2. Create personalized ad campaigns for your followers and potential customers. As you learn more about your customers, the kind of content they engage with, and their preferences, they are more willing to exchange information for relevant ads for products and services. As you observe what people are in to, you can understand what they like and their preferences.
3. Boosting site engagement and SEO ranking. By using social media for marketing your business, you can help customers engage with your brand, and this can improve your SEO ranking by directing traffic to your website for more information on what they need and want. It also helps legitimize your business, as many people will do their research on most companies before making a purchase to make sure you are a legitimate business, and having Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube channels that are well maintained and frequently maintained will allow them a chance to get familiar with your brand, eventually making a purchase. Social media also offers you the unique opportunity to engage with your customers on a more personal level and create sort of a personality for your business and a human connection.
4. Builds Social Proof. This is a big one. Most people are more likely and more willing to make a purchase from you if they notice other people are using your products and services and giving positive reviews about their experiences. Social media allows people to review your business, products and services, as well as offer up testimonials. This “social proof” makes you appear more trustworthy and credible, which makes people more likely to make a purchase from you in the future.
5. Cuts Down on Hefty Advertising Expenses. Lastly, taking advantage of social media to market your business can make your advertising costs much more affordable, especially if you are just starting out building your marketing strategy. It costs nothing to set up a business page on Facebook and Instagram which are two of the top social media sites for marketing. Through these platforms, you have the option of paying to “boost” ads, and create your own ads that they will run for you for an affordable fee, based on your budget. Posting to these pages is free, and you can invite people to like your page and share your posts to maximize customer engagement.
For more information on how social media can help you market your small business, check out this great article for a more in depth explanation of these benefits!
If you’re interested in checking out some of the social media services that we offer and see how we can help you build up your business, head on over to our social media services page located here and contact us today!